"The worlds most popular music venue" the o2 is situated in the heart of London, converted from the original Millenium Dome, built in the renevated docklands area. It has a capacity of 20,000 and has hosted some of the world biggest names in music and entertainment, including; Bon Jovi, The Eagles, Metallica, to name a few.
Today it hosts at least one stop on the tours of almost all the big names in music, with many starting and ending there UK tours there.
Some interesting trivia about the o2 (taken from http://www.theo2.co.uk/venue/the-o2-trivia.html):
- The O2 has an overall diameter of 365 metres, an internal diameter of 320 metres, a circumference of a kilometre and is 50 metres high at its central point
- The twelve steel masts are 100 metres high
- If you turned The O2 upside down, it would take Niagara Falls 15 minutes to fill it
- Alternatively, you could fill it with 3.8 billion pints of beer or the contents of 1100 olympic-sized swimming pools
- The volume of The O2 is equal to thirteen Albert Halls ten St Paul’s Cathedrals or two old Wembley Stadiums
- 18,000 double-decker buses could fit into The O2
- The O2 is as high as Nelson’s Column
- The Eiffel Tower could fit inside The O2 lying on its side
- 12 football pitches or 72 tennis courts could fit in The O2
- Entertainment Avenue is the same length & breadth as New Bond Street
For further information on the o2, goto http://www.theo2.co.uk/
|Value for money|