An ancient London crypt has been resurrected as a Contemporary Art Gallery for the capital in St Pancras.
The crypt received its first burial in 1822 and was used as an alternative to village burial grounds for 557 bodies until 1854. Since then the crypt has been used during both world wars as a canteen and air raid shelter, however it has recently reopened its doors for the public as an art gallery aptly called, 'The Crypt Gallery'.
Artists love the space as the environment is dark, emotional and historical, which is a welcome difference from the stark white walls that fill most other galleries.
The gallery is already filled with paintings, sculptures and photographs which are displayed through the tunnels and archways and the surroundings have received rave reviews as adding depth to the already impressive work.